Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sherlock and Moriarty

Not crazy about the BBC's take on the Sherlock Holmes tale, "The Adventure of the Final Problem". That's the book where Sherlock and Moriarty tumble into the Reichenbach Falls and Sherlock dies. I was running with it until the last twenty minutes...and liked some of the twists it took in making everything modern day...but then it fell apart and Sherlock became dumb. NOT appropriate for him. Too bad; "A Scandal in Belgravia" (their take on "A Scandal in Bohemia") was so promising.

Still...it was fun and stylish and inventive in many ways.

I worked more on OT and almost have the ending done. Which would be great if I had the rest of the book written, but I only have snips and snaps of it. I now need to make everything lead up to the Jake's conclusions and make it work for the reader. All while still in Jake's voice and attitude. I've noticed a tendency on my part to use phrases better suited to Antony and his superiority complex.

RIHC6 should really be one book, not 2 volumes. It's a quick read, and I'm not even a speed reader. I have to admit, it amazes me that this story came together like it did. I didn't do any plotting out or planning on it except in the most abstract sense. It was Antony's doing that brought sense to it.

Tomorrow night is the finale of "Dancing With the Stars" and there are no reruns of "Castle", anymore, so I should be able to focus all week on the book...except for yet another packing job in NYC. How long that job takes depends on an appointment I need to make to pick up the books. I'm slated to fly home Friday night.

Looking back over the last 12 months, I've been to NYC damn close to once a month. No wonder I'm beginning to get used to the city.

No comments: