Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Laundry, paperwork, bills

Things that had to be done when I got home. Eyes crossed through most of it.

Quickies --
This is Salisbury from atop the wall of Old Sarum. The spire is their famous cathedral, the one that has that copy of the Magna Carta.

This is how much of the town looked 800 years ago. Apparently, Salisbury was spared the carpet bombings of the Blitz because the cathedral was used as a marker for German bombers, so they were expressly forbidden to drop bombs there.

Cleopatra's Needle, on the Thames. I passed it as I walked from Vauxhall to The Old Globe. All I really know, right now, is that it was donated to the British Museum about a hundred years ago.

Eyes still crossed from the day. Enough for now.

No comments: