Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

London from the oustide

I took this just down the street from the house I'm doing the packing job in. Apparently, Wimbledon is one of the highest parts of the city, and on a clear day you can see everything.

Starting from the right, the gray column is The Docklands, then the silver point is known as The Shard, the tallest building in Europe. Just before dead center is the Gherkin, another office building that's rounded like a pickle, and I don't know what the tall one is, dead center. Look close where the three white pillars are to the far left and you can just make out the London Eye, and I'm pretty sure the two small gray columns to its left are Westminster Cathedral.

It was chilly, out, but not so bad I needed my heavy coat. No rain or snow. Lovely.

London's the largest city in Europe, but from here it looks like it's about the size of Cincinnati.

I'll be done with the job, tomorrow, so will get a few extra days to look around the city before heading to another packing job in NYC.

I've been too tired to work on OT, but I did have some ideas for A65 while working and jotted them down. Mr. writer can't stop writing.

No comments: