Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Night falls early...

Like by 4:30 it's dark. But it makes for some lively viewing. I think this photo is self-explanatory.
I almost had dinner at Harrod's, just so I could say I did. But to sit at a bar and be served a steak or fish dinner that costs the equivalent of $60 is just too much for me to accept. I've got a lot of expenses coming up and can't waste my credit on something like that.

Besides, I was in the mood for Irish Stew.

Problem is, I went to three pubs and none of them served it. So I toodled on back to Wimbledon and had a decent burger at a pub, along with a Stella Artois, for less than half the price of a Harrod's meal and I'm sure was just as tasty.

But dang, that store puts Macy's to shame. It's not as big, but it's got style out the ass, and that hint of British condescension. All of its employees actually look good -- slim, nicely dressed, well maintained...I felt like a huge slug, wandering through.

I gotta lose some weight.

No comments: