Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, December 21, 2012

No end in sight

While I did go get my mail and some milk so I could have hot tea, I put off doing my paperwork and other crap, today, because I was halfway hoping it really was the end of the world...but no such luck. Instead, it snowed. And that wasn't even the monster they were expecting, at least, not round my part of town.

What SHOULD have happened is we go and get eaten up by Zeta Ophiuchi, the blue star in the center of this image, a titanic object "six times hotter, eight times wider, 20 times more massive, and about 80,000 times as bright as our Sun, traveling across the Universe at 24 kilometers per second (54,000 mph), going from right to left. The swirls of pink space dust are in the process of being destroyed by its awesomely intense power. (I got this info from gizmodo.com.)

So in just over 5 hours the day will be done and I'll have piddled away without cause. And my apartment will still be a mess.

Oh, what a sorry life I lead, when it takes the lack of an apocalypse to make me get my world in order.

Update: more snow. Watched 5 episodes of BBT I hadn't seen. Caught up on e-mails. Begged for feedback on A65...and it's all gonna happen over the holidays, people swear. And the world is still not at an end.

Guess I'll have to finish all the stories in my head, now.

No comments: