Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Room with a view

From my B&B. If I go up two streets and look to the right, I can see some of London's City skyscrapers, including the Gherkin. And the weather was cold but so bright, I had to wear my shades.

Today it rained a little but mostly was overcast. No big deal; I like that kind of weather.

I had a dinner of pork chops and rice in a Mediterranean restaurant just down this road, and a table of 8 women wound up being seated next to me. I thought, "Okay, here goes peace of mind," but they were so quiet, I barely noticed them. the loudest they go was when they pulled some snappers -- or crackers. Or both.

Those are little tubes wrapped in colorful paper that you put a gift in. Then people grab each end of the paper and pull, and when the paper tears, a small pop-gun like sound occurs and the person with the largest end wins the prize. One lady sniped, "I got a spinner." A top, a bit like a round dradle.

Them English...

No comments: