Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, April 29, 2013

10 pages done...

I got a death scene in CARLI KILLS that will make the world weep. If I set it up right. It's where Carli finally realizes revenge hurts not only the guilty but the innocent, and she's the cause of it.

I've also found the guilt in the story. Not just for the bad guys, but for Carli. Her revenge is more than just getting even; she's out to purify herself. Rise from the ashes like a Phoenix. Maybe I should set this story close to there. Lord knows, that town's got desert everywhere around it.

I've got 28 solid pages, with another dozen so-so ones. I'm up to 10 characters, some only important to a few scenes. And just five real locations...four if all you count is desert.

It's going pretty far, too. Lots of horror moments mixed in with the noir and thriller stuff. Man...I might be confused about how well this is going. But I'm having fun.

That's half the battle, right there.

No comments: