Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, April 8, 2013

If all goes well...

The image of David seeing the castle for the first time is coming together. At least, I've got a good start to it, in graphite. It's still missing something...but it's a start. I'd like to get it settled before I head to LA...which is this Saturday.

I've gone back through the story a couple of times and am at the point where I'm trying to decide where to put a comma or take it out, and when to use "a" instead of "the"...so it's done. All I need to do is decide on what form it will take once I start the publishing process.

I've got a bit of a headache, right now, from focusing on the sketch. Combination of aging eyes and cheap glasses. The nice thing about graphite is, if it's soft enough you can erase it easily and make corrections...which I've done most of the evening. The outer side of my right hand is black from sweeping away the old and working in the new.

But it feels a lot better. A lot.

No comments: