Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Minimal posting due to massive running and lots of working

I've been running like a maniac meeting up with friends but also taking a few meetings with producers, including one at a guy's home in Palm Springs, tomorrow...as of now. He could cancel at any time, so while I shouldn't count it till I've done it, this still seems pretty much a set meet-up. So far I've discussed "Find Ray T", "The Alice '65", and "Kazn". Nothing concrete...hell, nothing even set in mud, yet...but it's more than I've done in 5 years.

I've also seen friends I haven't been in contact with since I left LA. Amazing how so many of them seem unchanged while I feel old, tired and worn out. Of course, half the problem stems from dealing with the 405 on a daily basis. Beginning at 7am on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

God, it takes so much out of you just inching along in traffic as people do so many stupid things around you -- makeup, holding intense conversations with the people in the back seats while ignoring traffic, eating lunch off the passenger seat and not noticing the car ahead's moved up till three other cars have gotten in front of you, nearly sideswiping me in order to get ahead of me. Man, I thought I was an aggressive driver...

So...when I move back it has to be in a place where I don't have to drive much. I'd kill somebody if I had to do this every day.

I'm also trying to help my nephew find a place to live that's near Jefferson and the 405. He's been accepted to UCLA's specialty graduate program in architecture, which is in conjuncture with Morphosis Architectural Firm, where he'd love to work. There's a nice area of student-like living up around Lincoln and Manchester, near the campus he'd be at, and some decent apartments on the inner side of the 405...but nothing's cheap. And he needs to have it in 4weeks. More scrambling.

I'm ready for a nap, but I'm meeting someone for Indian Food...someone who may take on A65. We'll see how it goes. Right now, I'll be happy if I make it through dinner without yawning.

(UPDATE: Didn't have to worry about dinner, tonight; I got stood up. Should never have mentioned it. Now I'm back at the hotel and I'm getting shower and going to bed; I have to be in Palm Springs by noon...if I don't get dissed, again.)

No comments: