Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Out of practice...

I did 4 sketches for "David Martin" and hate them all. And that's not counting the quick studies I worked up. Since when is a fox supposed to look like a bored cat? Even if it is from nearly across a pond?

This is going to be more of a chore than I anticipated. I'm too used to doing quick sketches for storyboards, nothing with huge detail. Not cool.

BUT...I did get an idea of what I want to do with the beginning. I'm not going to show David's face till sketch #3.
I did this sketch a while ago...but it's too old. David's 12, not 15. While I do want to shift his look ever so slightly during the progress of the story, I don't want to make it too obvious or too extreme.

Well...at least I know what the two first frames are. And I think I know what I'm going to do with the 3rd. We'll see if I still have the ability to do this or if I lost it by not keeping it up.

I hate it when old sayings wind up being true.

No comments: