Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Welcome to LA

I completely forgot to post anything on my blog, yesterday, till nearly 2am...and by then I was dead of brain. Now I'm in LA after a fun flight -- lots of turbulence going over the Rockies -- and ready to roar.

En route here, I finished some work for a packing job I'd done back in January -- a list of the book categories I'd done -- and did some writing till the battery ran out on my laptop. Both legs of the trip were late, so I didn't arrive till nearly 6pm, Pacific time. Now I'm all set up in an Extended Stay hotel that's got a stove and fridge, and I feel like I'm at home. Almost.

I flew Jet Blue, which is nice enough. They have little TV sets in the back of the seats so you can watch programs, but all I did was listen to music...except for this one music video by Youngblood Hawke, whom I'd never heard of before -- "We Come Running". Part of it was the band playing the song, fully clothed and underwater, as the lead singer "sang" to the camera, air bubbling out of his mouth. I actually watched through the whole set of other crap that plays on the JetBlue station in order to see it, again...because I thought the lead singer, Sam Martin, was in a black jockstrap on that boat.


Of course, it wasn't; he's in a pair of boardies, looks like...with part of a wetsuit on his legs. But he's a doll, with that little butt crack, and watching him sing underwater in a tank top and striped jeans was both weird and oddly erotic. Far more interesting than the song.

Of course, Jet Blue has their whole little link into music and quickie concerts in Terminal 5 at JFK. And they link to other vids by musicians and little video snippets of info from the NY Times. But this is the first time I've really paid attention...and happily so.

Okay, so I'm shallow...and yet, I also wrote 8 more pages on "Hunter" after watching that.

No comments: