Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

I don't understand...

I pay my bills when I get them. That way I'm not scrambling at the last minute to cover everything. But not every does the same. I just learned a check I'd thought would be in with my mail when I got here hasn't even been sent, yet. Meaning I won't have it until the middle of next week. Nor will I get paid for the book I sold on ebay until PayPal decides the credit card's funds are properly transferred. That may take another 10 days and they're charging me a fee of 5%.

This is so consistent, it's more like a game to see how long they can keep from paying you what they owe you. I've already been stiffed for nearly $8000 by the publisher of my first books. Looks like Donald Trump's business model is the norm -- make 'em sue you then settle out of court for half the amount.

I'd planned to use that money to pay for a Dr. bill, a keyboard and the chair. Guess I shouldn't make plans like that. My cc liked it but my checking account don't.

Doubt I'll get any writing done, today. Jake should've picked a guy who's more financially adept and not so easily distracted.

No comments: