Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sidetracked...

This is what I've been doing, all day -- working on this piddly 15 second video. I'm finding the limitations of using iMovie and Photoshop to do things like this really slow you down. I also have a mistake in the first frame - the word "time" is not placed where I thought it would be. And it does not like to loop a 3 second sound bite 5 times; the ticking keeps hiccuping.

But...it's a learning process. I figure now that I know the ways around most of the limitations, and once the clock is set solid and all I need to change is the wording, it'll go a lot faster. I hope.

Another possibility is I animate the clock, frame by frame, to make it look better, but that will take days. Maybe I'll go looking for a clock, online, that I could use, instead. Just not like they use at the beginning of 60 Minutes.

I did address a couple of logistics problems in OT, today. Nothing major; just figuring out when someone had access to a warehouse and why, if they leave something there, no one steals it. And I figured out...I can't figure it out. If something's left in a vacant warehouse that's of any value, whatsoever, it'll get stolen or used.

I hate it when logic rears its ugly head.

No comments: