Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Thinking and driving...

I drove from Buffalo to Philadelphia in just under 7 hours (including breaks to alleviate some inner tensions -- like thirst or needing to pee), and didn't play a bit of music...and worked out the explanation for OT. Now I just need to input it. Turns out one of my bad guys is going to be a good guy. Which I didn't expect. But fits.

I started reworking the warehouse parts of the story, once I got settled in and had dinner. It's going to take some serious work, but I wasn't ready to write up the ending of the story yet and this keeps my head going with it. It's also going to turn one character around, from being shaken up by what's happened to being more confrontational about it.

I'm also almost done re-reading RIHC6. Finished v1 and am at the point where Antony gets busted by a Texas Ranger named Arlen Thomas after reconnecting with Jake. I also found out I sold another paperback copy of Bobby Carapisi, the Complete Novel. To my surprise. It's way overpriced, but someone didn't care. That makes 3 whole paperbacks sold. I may actually get some royalties from that.

I've gotten them from Kindle, already. Not a lot but enough to make me happy.

I was also thinking about Find Ray T on the way down, and how perfect it would be if Chris Evans played Damon. I saw him in Cellular and he actually worked as a superficial jock with perfect pecs who finally becomes a human being and hero. He's got an interesting screen presence that keeps him from being obnoxious or too irritating before his humanitarian side takes over.

And never mind that I've had a crush on him since I saw him in a towel in The Fantastic Four.

2 comments:

MAC said...

I have about an hour and a half round trip commute to work, so I spend quite a bit of time in the car. Like you, I spend this time "thinking". I'm so wrapped up in my thoughts, that I block out the rest of the world. My friends always say, "I waved at you, but you ignored me."

Don't get me wrong, I'm a safe driver. My time in the car is just that, my time.

BTW - Chriis Evans... awesome casting choice. ;-)

JamTheCat said...

We likes Chris in sooooooo many ways.

I keep a pad available while I'm driving and scribble notes on it...then when I stop have to re-write the notes so they're legible because if I don't do it while the thought's still somewhat in my head, I can't read a fourth of the words I put down. But I never take my eyes off the road.

Much. ;)