Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

455

That's the number of pages I have, double-spaced. 110K+ in wordage. But I feel like I'm dancing around at the end. All I have left to write is the final confrontation/reveal and the denouement, but working my way into it is not proving to be easy. In fact, it's damned irritating.

Jake took an extra step I wasn't anticipating, so that adds to the whirlpool. And I wonder if the way I have him getting the last piece of the puzzle, the final link of proof, is too easy. I set it up...but I think it just falls into place so simply, it's not believable.

Ah, confusion, thy name be Kyle.

If that is my name. I tried to register for the NY ACA health care market, but they say I cannot be verified. Dunno why. I spoke with tech support and they can't figure it out, either, so they're sending me a form to fill out that I have to send back with a copy of my Driver's License. Then they can add me to the system. Which is weird, because I've paid NY State Income tax for the last 3 years.

I find it funny that so many on the right wing are making a big deal out of these glitches and problems, especially since it's been discovered that one of the companies writing script for the identification part is affiliated with a major health-care group who opposed the ACA. What makes it even funnier is how silent these same critics are when the Pentagon runs tens of billions of dollars over budget and years behind schedule on development of new planes, ships and weapons systems that become obsolete the second they wind up getting produced.

I already have insurance coverage; I just want to see if I can do better, because I have a large deductible. Blue Cross sent me a new schedule of offerings and prices, but I don't think it includes the discount I currently get through the Chamber of Commerce (yes, I'm a member). But...and this is a big one...I may be able to get subsidies if I go through the marketplace for coverage and get away from the CoC. I'm not sure, yet.

All this crap takes too damn much time from everything else.

No comments: