Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, October 25, 2013

Storyboarding

Nothing much to say about writing because I'm working out a set of storyboards for a presentation. Color. And for once I'm not going with my first or second ideas, but I'm aiming to get 5 or 6. I want more work from these people; I need the money. And I want to flex my muscles as regards my artistic ability...if it hasn't atrophied. I'm popping off preliminaries Sunday.

I have to put OT aside, for a while. DM is going to take time and NaNoWritMo starts in a week; no way I can do all that and the storyboards and the day job.

Today I had my teeth cleaned by a woman who took lessons from Dr. Zell in Marathon Man. She got under the gums and even under a crown. I had to actually push her away, once, because it hurt...and I tend to have a high tolerance for physical pain (it's the ephemeral kind I get all bent out of shape over). Teeth feel damn clean and like they've been through a Swedish Massage.

Back to hating Fios. I tried to stream music but it kept hiccuping and I hate that. And I have yet to be able to view a video, this evening. It's chilly out but not that cold, so I don't think weather has anything to do with it; just crappy service for a ludicrous price.

I guess my next step is to sit in a tub and sip some hot tea and read more of The Count of Monte Cristo. Dumas has got a serial killer in it, now, and one character took 15 long paragraphs to die as he kept saying he was dying. And the Count actually has actually set up one murder. Still a slog, but I'm appreciating it.

Hmm...I wonder if Dumas was influenced by Poe's "The Murders in the Rue Morgue"?

No comments: