Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Zombie Kyle

I did a red-eye from Seattle to Atlanta on a very cramped 757 that barely allowed me even enough room to read my book. No way I could have worked on my laptop. Hell, I even had trouble playing solitaire on my iPhone. Delta was okay, otherwise -- on time and providing plugs at the gates for you to use for your electronics (albeit not very many of them). But either I cut my size down by 40% or I find alternate methods of transportation, because this is ridiculous.

I like doing the train to NYC. It takes longer but it's civilized. Spacious. Nice scenery. Problem is, we don't have a decent rail system in this country, outside of the NE corridor.

Anyway, I got home, this morning, at 11:30 am after being up for a solid 24 hours and working up a nice sweat walking from Seattle's LINK station to the warehouse, then rebuilding skids. I'm sure I was not pleasant to be around by the time I got to my car. I even felt nasty.

I was hungry but only had a cup of tea and some toast after I showered, then I hit the bed and slept for 3 hours. Any longer and I won't be able to sleep, tonight. The rest of the day was taken up with catch-up crap, so I didn't get any writing done on OT.

Didn't help that I'm getting blown off by Kindle about HTRASG. They're pulling the usual crap -- a different person responding, each time, and giving me a canned letter basically saying the same damn thing over and over -- "We can do what we want and we don't have to explain it."

Amazon, Kobo, WH Smith and B&N are getting push-back...but don't seem to be responding to it, yet. Thing is, I'm in the process of taking the Nazca Plains books out of circulation. I'm going to look into publishing them on my own and selling them off my own website, but that's not for a while. I'll have to do new covers and get new ISBNs...

This makes me uncomfortable about publishing DM through Create Space and Kindle. I should look into alternatives that don't involve a thousand bucks.

No comments: