Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

DARIAN'S POINT

I just found this photo of Aiden Turner, and he is the perfect image for Patrick Thomas O'Brien in my gothic-horror story, Darian's Point.

It's set in Ireland in 1910 and deals with a legend about harpies that live in the Cliffs of Moher. He's returned from America, where he's a successful architect, with his wife, Marion. She's a Boston Brahmin and her family thinks she married beneath her. There's death, destruction, human sacrifice, all the glorious stuff.

It's currently an award-winning screenplay, but it may be better to rework it as a novel. I have the followup, set 100 years later, already written as a script (Return to Darian's Point, also an award-winner) and I know what I want to do with the first section, setting up the whole situation.

Aiden's around 30, now. Thomas is 35. If I work it right, by the time he's that age, I'll have someone interested in making the movie.

Better get a move on.

2 comments:

MAC said...

OOOH, I'm intrigued. Horror is one of my favorite genres. Don't forget about us little people when you make it big. I've dabbled in acting in the past (hint, hint). ;-)

JamTheCat said...

Can ya fake an Irish brogue, son? I can...very badly, but I can.