Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Lazy days...well, day, anyway...

I shuffled around some paperwork and filed it away. It'd been sitting so long, it was dusty so I've also been sneezing. But I stayed home...except for a quickie trip to the PO to mail out some bills and buy some stamps (it's all the way across the street from my building). Cleaned up my computers, a little, too. But overall did as little thinking as possible. Mainly played with Facebook.

I'm gearing up for a rewrite of Trainee/Inherent Flaws/NYPD Blood into some new edition of the book. The guy whose story this is has made some significant changes that need a bit of polishing. I doubt I'll do a serious rewrite, but you never know till you get into it. Then I'll start working it into the proper format to be published via Smashwords and Lightning Source. I hope to have enough awareness of how they both work by that point to do it more easily.

I also want to find a new title for it. None of the ones used so far are really right. If anybody has any ideas what to call a fictionalized version of the true story of a young cop driven close to madness by detectives stealing drugs and using the police code of silence to shut him up...and then terrorize him when he starts trying to stop them.

Say...that may work as the tag.

BTW...it's almost time for the Santa Speedo Run in Boston. The 14th. I'll be en route to NYC for a packing job. Dammit.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I think I may plan a trip to Boston next year ;)

JamTheCat said...

I'll meet you there with a pair of scissors.. ;)