Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Need ideas for promotion

Okay, I need some ideas on how to promote David Martin. I did an ad on Facebook that got its page a number of "likes" but hasn't done anything in the way of sales. The same thing happened with The Lyons' Den and Bobby Carapisi -- lots of looking, no buying -- so I've learned my lesson; that's not the way to go. Especially since Facebook charges like crazy for it. I'm open to any ideas anyone might come up with that don't cost a hundred bucks a pop. I'm still a poor, struggling writer.

I'm doing a bunch of jumping around January and early February. There's the trip to London and Dublin the first full week. Then I'm going to Santa Fe to oversee a shipment of archives. Then I'm hopping up to San Francisco to load in and load out a book fair at Fort Mason, then down to Los Angeles to work the California Book Fair in Pasadena, then home. There's a possibility of another stop in Santa Cruz, but that one's looking iffy. It's packing 1800 books for England, and the guy buying them hasn't decided if he wants them shipped by air or by sea. It won't be cheap, either way, but it cuts the cost if I'm already on the west coast to do the packing.

It's snowing good and hard, right now, and is around 18 degrees. Took me an hour to drive 4 miles. Still, it looks so lovely coming down. I'd feel differently if I had to walk in it or work out in it, I'm sure, but my car's good and warms up nicely. It'll be interesting to see how the countryside looks from the train, on Sunday.

Apparently, I'm going to have to sue Amazon to get them to stop selling new copies of some of my books. I've contacted them several times and they're still shrugging me off, so I worked up a final letter and will send it to the 3 head guys, there, giving them one last chance. If that doesn't work, I guess I have to see a lawyer, because this is now copyright infringement and theft, so far as I'm concerned. I think I'll sure for a million and offer to settle for a hundred-thousand.

Yeah, right, that'll work...in my dreams.

2 comments:

MAC said...

I don't know if it helps or not, but I can post about the book on my lil' ol' blog and add it to my sidebar. You can always count on me. ;-)

JamTheCat said...

Thanks, Mac, I may take you up on that once I know for certain it's available.