Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, December 6, 2013

Third time's the charm...I hope...

I had to correct some errors in the submission material for David Martin. Apparently, when you make one change in the format of an unusual layout for a Word Document, it forgets everything and reverts back to its presets. Which I didn't think to check before I sent in a new PDF. So tonight was spent going through the whole piece and reworking it so it would fit into a 6x9 format. Amazing. I'm so techno-stupid, it seems I can't even do inputting right.

So now it's all re-uploaded and waiting for the next final word. God, I hope it turns out right, this time.

I'm staying in Dublin in January. If I really, really feel the need to visit Belfast, it's only a couple hours up the coast...but I have a lot to consider doing in Dublin. Tara's closed for the winter so no day trips, for sure. I considered Shannon and traveling up to see The Cliffs of Moher, again, but that was too complicated. Now I'm calm and ready for the journey.

I took this photo my first trip to Ireland -- 12 years ago. It's Dublin looking up the Liffey. The country was just changing to the Euro, and everything was wild and wacky. I'd already been in the country 8 days so was on their timeline. Went to see a mediocre play at the Abbey Theatre. Took a day trip to Blarney Castle. This is where I fell in love with Guinness.

This time, I'm just kicking back.

2 comments:

MAC said...

I'm so envious of your world travels... one day.

JamTheCat said...

It is nice to be doing the majority of it on someone else's dollar.