Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Best laid plans...

I got some details going on Carli's Kills and a better outline set up, along with some clarity on a few characters, but I'm nowhere near what I thought I'd have on this trip. I couldn't get the energy up. Or focus. Or whatever. First dealing with the weather screwing up my initial flight then rushing about to get everything done in time so I didn't have to change my flight back...and the usual rack of problems that showed up...I never had the time to work my way into the story.

Flying back, I actually dozed on the plane and watched some old episodes of Friends. I never even broke out my laptop. I've still got issues to handle as regards Holiday Inn Express, in Lisbon (I got lectured at for being on time for the shuttle to the airport instead of being early!!) and the actual shipping of the stuff out of Portugal...as well as a couple other things.

I spent today drifting and staying in my apartment, trying to get my return in order. I was going to go grocery shopping, but instead just made do with what I had. I've got a pile of laundry to do, so I'll just make it an all-day deal and not bother with anything that doesn't have to be bothered with.

Maybe it's the meds I'm on, but I'm in a down mood. I've been here, before, and know it takes a couple days for me to get irritated with my whining and get back to work. Too damn typical.

Oh boy...looks like I'm still headed south in this mood swing...

No comments: