Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Quick note -- FYI

I'm making two major changes to Marked For Death.

First off -- the villain was okay but not devastating as I wanted, so I'm shifting that to another character. So that needs to be better set up.

Second -- I didn't reveal a cousin of Ben's has also been killed until near the end. That raised too many problems, not just for the logic of the story but the honesty of the characters. Ben would know the guy's dead. That revelation just did not work, at all, and I'm dumping it. Even though I liked it in the structure.

So...I've gone back to adjust the sections I've already posted, and I'm reworking my ending confrontation, completely. But then, a script is never completely done until it's on the screen.

Something else -- I like the original Mad Max, and I heard there's to be a followup to the so-so #3. But there was a major story in last week's "Entertainment Weekly" that led off with a character snarling at the camera, his face half-covered by a mask made from a trident gardening tool. The middle prong goes over his nose while the outer prongs are in perfect alignment with his eyes. One good smack and he's blind, at the very least. It's such a stupid design, I decided I won't see the movie. If they can't get that right, none of it will be.

Just to prove I'm as shallow as I ever was.

No comments: