Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Clear the brain...

I've already gotten some comments back on OT, but I've put them aside till I'm ready to dig back into the story. Each person doing feedback has their own folder, and comments will be PDF'd and put in there, for now. I know me; if I read them, I'll start rewriting, at once, and I do not want to do that. I'm still too close to the story.

So this evening I played around with covers for a reboot of The Lyons' Den. After a lot of futzing about, I got this one going. It's still busy and not really there, yet, but it's got the idea. This is about 67 layers of images, some pretty clunky, but it's just a mock. Nothing to critique, yet.

I'm almost thinking of doing the image in colored pencil. See what I can get away with. Some of my storyboards were done that way, and I liked the gentle feel of them. Plus that way I can arrange the characters like I want and add in all of them instead of a few.

I already feel the b&w image representing Ace should be larger and more on the verge of stereotype. And Daniel doesn't have a mustache. Plus, the curtain has to have goofy fish on it. Another positive is, I could make the image taller...go from waist up.

I'll think about it. Doing it right'd take a while, and I'm not all that good at graphic arts. However...it would be cheap and I could make it as goofy as I wanted.

Maybe I could use a break from writing...

No comments: