Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Done...again...

Okay...the latest draft is red-penned. Now just comes inputting the changes. And fighting off the desire to do another draft to make sure I've got it right. I could keep rewriting my work till the end of time, if given half a chance. Instead, all I will do once I've got this one set is spell-check. That might catch some of the typos I've committed to bytes.

It's still going to be more than 500 pages. I'm not sure what that translates to in actual book size. 300-350? Which is a manageable length. I'll worry about that later. Right now, I just want to get this done.

God, I just hope it makes sense to someone besides me...

I did something crazy and probably pointless. I sent a copy of The Lyons' Den to Chris Salvatore, in LA. He's an out gay actor who's been in some low-budget gay-oriented movies. I have no idea what good it will do, or if his representatives will even forward it to him, but he mentioned on his facebook page my offer was sweet, and if I hadn't done it I'd be kicking myself in a few months. So off it went. Signed. Nothing more. No letter or anything. I want him to read the book. I think he'll see himself in Daniel and maybe take it to someone to get made.

Yeah, crazy idea, but I've done crazier.

No comments: