Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Fighting the battle of me...

Got more feedback on OT, already, and I scanned it. I don't want to...but I wind up wondering what they said and then suddenly it's done. Like my pilot is my subconscious, not my conscious mind. I made myself put it into a PDF and park it in the proper folder. And I'm going to ask more people to look at the story, as well. I want as wide-ranging an idea of how the book is working as possible.

I'm thinking more and more about reworking Carli's Kills, next. It's rather chaotic, right now, but could be done for a low-budget...and by that I mean just under $1m. That's what I need, right now -- something that would appeal to the cheapies in film production, and a simple restructuring would do a lot for it. If it's going to be exploitation, I'm going whole hog on it. Start with Grady and then focus on Carli and Zeke. I think I'll start on that this weekend...

but I'm also considering a rewrite of We-come. Make it a really horrific sci-fi piece, and trim down some of the exposition at the beginning. That seems to be my problem -- too much set-up and not enough jumping into the action. It's a bit old-fashioned of a writing style, especially for movies, today. Too novelistic...and even too much so for today's books.

I'm close to the end of This Is NOT The End of the Book; and it's giving me some interesting ideas for The Alice '65, as well. Jeez...how can I get all of this done? I guess I should be glad I'm at least thinking about my next project and not just wandering.

I need more time to myself and less for the job...which ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

No comments: