Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Summer's heating up...

Now I've got a possible job in Florida, for a few days, later this month. I was thinking of taking some time off in August, even though I can't afford it, because I need some space to catch up with myself. I won't be unhappy if I wind up working; it'd be a lot better for my finances. But I'll need to take at least a few days to myself. Maybe around Labor Day, I dunno. I'm one of those people who doesn't get paid for vacation time.

When I was at Heritage, I was able to amass 3 weeks paid vacation and use it all at one time, in the Spring of 2006. Spent most of that time in Ireland, including an rental car for 10 days. Driving on the right wasn't much trouble at all. I'd love to do that, again...

Now that I'm getting closer to a final draft of OT, I'm feeling the need to plan my next project...which is dumb, because half the time what I decide to work on winds up being put aside while I do something else. But now...now I've got an open space in my brain and my other works are trying to take it over.

I found this image on Tumbler and like it so much, I may see if I can do something with it in the cover for OT. It's the animal spirit of the book.

Maybe of me...

No comments: