Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, February 12, 2016

Almost time...

I'm close to being ready to print out a new copy of OT to do my red pen thing...but I'm going to do it differently, this time. To keep myself from fine-tuning the story to the point of infinity, I'm going through it backwards, page by page. My goal is to find as many typos as I possible can, and then send it out for feedback.

Truthfully, the book is down to 490 pages, but once blank pages are put in to keep the numbering correct, it will probably be more like 515. Except that's double-spaced and in 12 inch Courier font. When I shift the book into something like 10 inch Palatino, single-spaced and squared off, it will probably be about 350 pages.

I am going to do a limited run of hardback copies with dust jackets. I'll number them and sign them and charge more for them than I normally would. I think if I want to offer the book in hardcover without the numbering, I need to set up a new file with its own ISBN. I bought 10 of them, so it's not like I couldn't, but the little bastards ain't cheap...and I'd have to get barcodes for each one.

Self-publishing is like ordering a la carte at a restaurant.

No comments: