Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Brexit is good for me...

I have decided there may be a silver lining to the disastrous decision by 52% of the British electorate to have England leave the EU. Granted, it may mean England will suffer a poor economy for some time ... and trade will become harder and more expensive ... and The City is already crashing as job freezes go into effect and other countries wonder about investing in London in any way, anymore ... and Scotland (which wanted to stay in the EU, no matter what Donald the Idiot says) is already planning to hold a referendum on declaring independence from the UK, with Northern Ireland looking like it may follow ... but the Pound Sterling is collapsing in comparison to the dollar. So if I can get a grant to spend a few months in Derry to research Place of Safety in more detail, hey...it'll save me lots of money.

Because, as with all politics, these days -- it's all about me.

And now I'm sick of how this week's gone so here's a snippet of a review of a movie I have actually seen several times...and enjoyed every one of them...
None of the remakes ever came close to being as good...

No comments: