Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

20 pages left to go through

I'd have pushed and done the last 20 pages of what I have written but my eyes hurt and my head is pounding, so I wouldn't like what I did, anyway. But I almost have Place of Safety completely plotted out. Not like a generic plotting of the general story, but what goes where, how and when, and links between parts that matter or inform on each other. I think. I don't know.

I still wonder if I'm doing right by the story. So much of it seems simple and flows too easily. I want it to be intense -- but it may wind up just being a pleasant stroll through some Irish tales. Who can say?

I did reverse a couple of aspects of the story, to mess with Brendan's mind. They worked fairly easily and probably were meant to be that way. And there's a part where Brendan is arrested by the British after he's returned to Derry that i can just picture, like it's a movie. that's usually a sign things are going the right direction but might be a bit shallow. I'll deal with it, tomorrow.

Hasn't helped that I've been battling allergies all evening. They started up about 4pm and I've been sneezing and snorting since. My eyes are driving me nuts. Claritin isn't helping, much, so I my hit the Zyrtek, again. That's half the reason for the pain in my eyes and head.

In two hours I'll be 64 years old. This year's been okay for the writing. Carli's Kills got 3rd place in screenplays at The Indie Gathering, and hit the 1/4 finals at Page, Screencraft, and Storypros. I finally finished and published The Vanishing of Owen Taylor. And I'm back solid on PS. It's progress.

Be nice if there was some money behind all of this instead of it just costing me so damned much.

No comments: