Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

All plotted out...

Now comes the writing. Nothing much to do there, oh no. Just major sections to connect and consistency to maintain. I've already found some problems with parts of the story and a bit too much repetition, so what I'm doing next is going through the outline I worked up and smooth that out so it flows better.

I also changed some plot points to mess with Brendan, and to complete his journey in this tale. That may be part of the cause for the repetition, but I'll deal with that once I'm back to writing. The nice thing is, I can focus on whatever part grabs me at that moment; I don't have to worry about wasting effort, anymore since I have both the opening and the ending done.

Today was a good day to finish this step. It's my birthday and as I go through to take stock of where I am and what I have, achieving this small goal was needed. Well, not exactly a small goal; having a full outline of the story was pretty major, considering how long I've been working on it without one.

But still...I'm so screwed financially. I spent so much money the last few years on publishing books and trying to get my screenplays going, I'll never get out of debt. I'll be working till I die, if the job's still there. No guarantees on that. And if Trump gets in, there goes Social Security and Medicare.

This was probably not a good thing to do, today. I've had a headache going since Friday and it's been hot, which I do not like...and it's pretty pathetic to see that you're in the same situation, today, that you were 40 years ago -- living in a small apartment with an old car and owing more than you make.

Whining over. I've got a lot of reading to do. And it's time to pay my bills and face a week in the office, dealing with computer work and considering what to do about making PS read like it was written by an Irish-Catholic boy who lived in Derry, Northern Ireland between 1966 and 1981...and hope I can do right by it.

No wonder my eyes ache.

No comments: