Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Houston is plotted and ready to go...

I know what I need where in the middle section to make the story progress, thanks to work I did on section 3 -- the return to Derry. I still have to work out the last of the plotting on the return, but I'm getting there. I even added some bits to connect a couple of sections, bumping the story up by about 3000 words.

What this all did was bring me to do something stupid, financially, but necessary for the story. I'm going to Derry at the end of August. Just for a few days, so I can scan the papers in the library and check into a couple museums to see if I can get some info that I cannot find online...and maybe walk from Derry towards Claudy, like Brendan did. Not sure about that part...but it would help me work out what the terrain's like. I've tried doing it on Google map and via videos, but they just don't hack it.

I was able to get a round-trip ticket from Toronto to Dublin for under $600US on Air Canada. That and a hotel and round-trip bus fare and spending money should work out to about $1200, total. Meaning in reality I'll probably spend $1350 for it. And my wallet's whining...no, it's screaming because I'm using my tax money to pay for it, but it's set.

My second trip to Ireland, this year.

No comments: