Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, April 1, 2017

I like driving...

Drove down to NYC on Wednesday; picked up a print, some books and an art vase; and drove back Thursday. It was cold but not freezing, with bright sunshine going down and rain most of the way coming back...and I felt really at peace. I listened to some Depeche Mode and, get ready for it -- Yanni. By the end of the drive, my brain felt totally relaxed.

I did the drive and the collections like I wanted to, not like how it was suggested, and it worked out fine. This is when I feel most in control and at ease...rolling down a freeway. I think I do have some gypsy in me. Or maybe it's the Viking blood. I dunno.

What it mainly does is let my mind switch into gear on a subconscious mode and lets me work things out on my projects. Lets me think of possibilities instead of all the things that seem aligned against me...something I'm too prone to focus on.

Today I spent getting the items ready to ship and paperwork caught up on, not to mention emails, and then came home to watch a couple episodes of Vera, with Brenda Blethyn and David Leon. Like a little holiday.

I'm ready to get back onto The Alice '65 and get it completed to the point where I'm ready to get feedback on it. The spine of the story is solid, and some of the form is there; it just needs some muscle and maybe a rearranging of a few bones before the skin is brushed on. Like a painting, I suppose.

Layers are what makes it work, not just the foundation.

No comments: