Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Adam is alive to me, now...

As I was packing the books for this latest job, I was horrified at how poor their condition was and thought Adam would have a fit. These are books in German and Latin, two of his specialties, and are from the 15th to 16th Century, bound in vellum...and falling apart. OMG, bugs and rats have eaten away a hideous number of pages and chewed into the binding; there's foxing like crazy; and there's mold on many of them. NOT cared for.

I had to remind myself Adam's a character in my book...but that didn't really matter. I could hear him tsk-tsk'ing over them, non-stop. Anyhow, the books are now wrapped in tissue and bubble, separated from each other to minimize contamination...which is probably silly, at this point, considering they were all in the same bookcase. But it made me feel better.

As I was working, I realized a minor issue hadn't been addressed in A65 so made a note about it to input later. And the more I think about it, the more like like the simple approach to the cover so will start prepping that, this weekend.

I'm popping down to NYC a week from Friday and then the following week is Hong Kong. No time to do any writing for NaNoWriMo so I'm blowing it off, this year. A65 is more important.

I'm currently at a second-rate Best Western in Albany. Driving back to Buffalo in the morning after a bit of sleeping in. I'm feeling the need of some decent barbecue, but the best place in the area is in Rochester and that's about a 4 hour drive from here. I'm not big about having late lunches...but I'll think about that tomorrow.

Now it's time for a hot bath.

No comments: