Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Sometimes efficiency is a detriment...

All was going well, yesterday, as I got ready to head over to the Hong Kong Maritime Museum. Plan was -- get there at noon, scope things out, post my location numbers, meet with the fair organizer, then have the dealers' trunks show up and be ready to go. Talk about best laid plans -- as I'm exiting the hotel I get a call from the delivery guy that he's at the museum and where am I?

So instead of walking I grabbed a taxi and got there in under 10 minutes, and he's got all the dealers lined up ready to break down and be put in their booths. And it's not even noon yet. And inside, the booths are still being set up. And he can't stick around too long because there's a limit on how long he can leave his truck in the drop-off circle. Fortunately, the organizer is okay with us moving in early, so long as the construction crew can move them trunks if needed. What ya gonna do?

We were done by one, so I came back to the hotel and started inputting changes to A65. Got 3 chapters done before I began to zone, Still jet-laggin' here. But it gives me a head start. Now I'm about to drop by the venue to meet with each dealer and make sure everything is all right. Then I'm off to Stanley...

Except, the show organizer for the San Francisco Fair, next year, is in Hong Kong and wants to meet. I suggested this evening, after I'm back from the other side of the island, so we'll see how that goes.

I still have no intention of leaving my room on Saturday. I've been to Hong Kong enough times and done enough sight-seeing, and completing A65 takes priority...so unless it's required by the job, no go.

Now off to see the book wizards...

No comments: