Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Back from Buffalo

And I actually like the town. It had snow piled everywhere and was cold, but it seems livable. I spoke with the people at Caladex and if we can come to terms on salary, we're trying it out under a six month contract, extendable for another six months if things are going well. I'm completely comfortable with that and besides -- one goes where the job is. If it all comes together, I'll be up there beginning in March, handling freight forwarding, handling bookfairs being loaded in and out and going out on packing jobs. In fact, I have one beginning January 17th in Baltimore. Oh, my.

Didn't have a chance to see Niagra Falls or slip over to Canada. Southwest totally screwed up my return flight when they had to rebook me after canceling my flight going up. I had to go to the ticket counter and it took the woman an hour and a half to get it corrected. Seems their computer pulled my schedule then listed it as having been completed so pulled my funds. They had to re-establish everything. I didn't even know this was a way of screwing you up. Amazing.

So...I had little down time at either airport -- I changed planes in Baltimore, again -- but the flight from there to San Antonio was 4 hours, so I got some writing done on BC-3. What was even better was, I had a whole row of seats to myself. And that's with us holding for people from other flights to come in.

So now I'm home and it's freezing here. No snow. I wonder how my car'll like that?

No comments: