Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

All nighter

Did my first all-nighter in years...hell, decades...and it's telling on me. I'm beat but can't sleep because I've been fighting it for too long. But I got a solid version of the last section done and off in PowerPoint. 80 frames, 2/3 of which were new or changed from the previous work. So much for "just tweaks."

I'm going to just lie down and let myself drift...maybe into sleep...until they decide they want more changes. I won't be able to do anything on them till after I get back from Buffalo, but by then I'll be rested and back on track.

Y'know...I'm trying to think of the last time I did something like this for my own project -- stayed up all night and fought to get done and stayed with it till I'm nearly sick to my stomach...and I can't think of when. I've done it for other people -- Karl, Brad, even jobs I've had. But it's like I don't think I'm important enough or something...and my mind is mush so I guess I'll end this. Now is not the time to try and figure out my world.

No comments: