Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Baltimore, MD

Going to pack a library near there beginning the 17th of this month. Gone for a week and looking forward to it. It means cash coming in and time to myself. I find I accomplish a lot in such situations. While house-sitting a few months back, I polished up BC-1&2 and finished writing RIHC6. Of course, all I had to do was keep watch over some critters and make sure one of them was walked four times a day...sometimes five...so I was able to work almost non-stop.

Changes are coming in on the storyboarding job, but I'm also being paid more so I just need to hunker down, complete it and get on to other things. We're digging into it, tomorrow.

"5 Dates" is a finalist in The Movie Deal! Screenplay Competition. The winner gets his script produced. I got Second Place with them, last year, along with a LOT of goodies so I doubt I'll do as well this time around. Besides, I get the feeling they like their stories dark and 5D is so much kinder and gentler than "Blood Angel," my previous winner. What helps it is, it'll be cheap to shoot and is set in Ann Arbor, Michigan, which is near enough to Chicago, where the competition is situated.

I'm still a bit lost as regards POS and even Brendan seems uncertain as to what to do next. What's scary is, the longer we take to figure that out the more the story seems to expand. I feel sort of like Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn at the end of "Woman of the Year" where she tries to make breakfast for the first time in her life and they wind up watching waffle batter grow and grow and grow on a hot griddle...like the bubble you'd blow while chewing bubble gum...until it's ready to explode and send crap flying everywhere.

So...maaaayyyybe I'm being a little ambitious as regards POS. Wouldn't be the first time I've gotten carried away in a story. And I hope it won't be the last.

No comments: