Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Slogging through

Brain death seems to come easily to me, lately. Especially as regards this SB project. I made it through the latest incarnation -- and don't think I did my best work, not by a long shot -- but it was a fight. Didn't help that I felt like hell from all the congestion in my chest thanks to circumstances beyond my control. I'm better, today, but still fuzzy.

Adding to the fuzziness is me being told the third section of the project that I spent all night completing, recently...is being totally redone because the client decided they DO want narration, even though they emphatically had said they don't. They like how it sounds on the first section of the project. I was offered the opportunity to write the script, but I just haven't got it in me. Hell, just to get through the last of the storyboards, last night, I had to go for a walk then work a while then watch "Ugly Betty" then work for a while then shower then finish it up while listening to Pandora Radio and dealing with the glitches in my second-rate DSL service...that I receive via AT&T. When I go totally WiFi, they ain't gettin' my business.

So...I'll be working on this evenings during my packing job...which may get extended because now THAT client wants me to list the books as I pack them. Being in a pissy mood, I told them it would double the length of time I was there, halfway hoping he'll decide it isn't worth the money. I could use the cash, but I need to get ready for my move.

Anyway, we're down to 70 frames from 80 on section 2, and I have no idea if they fit what they wanted. And a third of those were reused without change from the previous set I did for this section. I threw in some different transitions to help smooth out parts that didn't work for me, so we'll see how it goes.

I've only got one more day to work on this before I leave; Saturday will be taken up getting me and my mother and brother ready for me being away. And that's with me putting off other things I wanted to get done.

Dammit, I'm shifting back to whine-mode, and I wanted to get away from that with this blog. NOT acceptable. Maybe I'll run some errands today as I wait for Kasey to get back to me. Deal with the real world for a while.

No comments: