Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Easy Sunday

I'm not feeling so great so I kept everything low-key. I don't know if it was the beer I drank (one of those micro-brews that's local to Buffalo) or something I ate (I'm thinking samosas with mango chutney; I found an Indian food convenience store a couple miles form me and bought some frozen Samosas and had them for dinner, Friday night) or if it's just nerves...but my gut troubled me yesterday and is still being problematic...and for some reason I'm reminded of Thelma Ritter's line in "Rear Window" -- "When General Motors has to go to the bathroom ten times a day, the whole country's ready to let go."

Not that I'm like General Motors...except in the financial mess part...and having problems with my mental electronics...and no longer being of top quality (though I DO hear Buick's really grown to be a very good car)...

And except...I did get productive at the computer. I worked on section 3 of the story and I'm now at 95K+ in wordage and linked two chapters I hadn't planned on linking, yet. And what's interesting is, the timeline just got cut down to about 6 weeks for the last section because something surprising happened first with the British and then between Brendan and his mother -- she found out she's been wrong about him and he found out he's been right about her, and the British blundered about in their usual manner, precipitating events. Thanks everso, lads.

What's even better is, this may mean I'm more like 2/3 of the way through the story instead of just barely over half. We'll see how the rest of it turns out.

Now I need something to drink -- DP or tea, no mo' beer for a while, and then I think I'll stick to something like Guinness or Amstel Light...or both in a Black and Tan of a sort.

But I'll bet it WAS the chutney.

No comments: