Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Hunger....

Gave me a headache. Stems from not eating a lot the last couple days to give my body time to calm down. So now I'm slopping Bengay onmy neck and shoulders and popping Advil...and working at POS. Didn't help that I went for a long walk around a lake in a park I pass every day. It's on Delaware and across from the cemetery that holds Millard Filmore's tomb. I parked and walked down to a pavilion then circled the lake and walked back to the car. It's not the first time I've done it, but I've been eating a light lunch at work so normally by this time I'm getting hungry...and I was starving. Fortunately, I had a small packet of nuts with me so that held me a little while. Didn't help I left the shop late thanks to a last-minute shipment from New York to London. Thing is, I've been so sedentary lately I need to do something to get my blood circulating better. I can't just sit at a computer all day and night and lose weight. All I'm losing is muscle.

So I walked the lake and got some groceries and had a bite to eat but it wasn't much an then about 9 my neck started aching so I had a cup of tea and toasted a couple of waffles and am just now beginning to feel better.

I had another interesting development pop up last night before I went to bed as regards Brendan and Father Pat so worked that in while it was still fresh enough, this evening. And sure enough, it worked beautifully in showing some changes in Brendan while leading into the last third of the ending section.

But now I'm dog-tired and can barely keep my eyes open, so I'm ending it short of my 2000 words, tonight. Maybe I'll make up for it, tomorrow...but that matters is the story is moving, again.

Oh, RIHC6v2 is beginning to move, too. I was sent a proof of the cover and it works neatly, looking almost the same as the first book but different enough to add to the story. I'm now waiting to see when it's available on Amazon -- I have a fan to whom I've promised an autographed copy.

No comments: