Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Listening towards weariness in nothings

And if that makes sense, you're doing better than me because I'm so squirrelly, right now, I have no idea what the hell I'm even trying to say. I need a cup of tea...and doesn't that sound pathetic? But I'm on the phone listening to my mother talk about how things are overwhelming her and my sister, and mom's life is crashing right back to where she was before I moved to SA and my brothers and sister apparently can't take care of her like she needs. And I'm feeling torn because I couldn't find work in SA and had to take a job in the one place I could find one but it's 1600 miles away from there (and in many ways I'm happy for that) but I can't do anything about it except listen to her and handle what I can from here. Like finding out a bill she got that was freaking her out is just for her supplemental detail insurance because for some reason Social Security stopped deducting it automatically from her monthly check but now they will again because I called them when my brother and sister didn't have the time or something -- and I'm venting and sick over it so I'm stopping now because my focus is all fucked up and I haven't been able to do a damned thing all evening. I'll try to make up for it, tomorrow.

Shit, I'm out of milk.

No comments: