Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Place of Safety" Returns


And is leading me along. I wrote 2000 words, this evening. If I do that many per night for the next sixty days, I'll have 120,000 words...and a huge sprawling mess of a book. But I guess this works well enough. I worked on the last chapter of section 2, in Houston, before Brendan decides to return to Derry. It just seemed like time to jump in and do it...and now my brain is drained.

Nope, I got nothin' more to talk about...except I'm having ideas about a new story dealing with Antony and Jake, from RIHC6. But this book would be a bit less confrontational and be told from Jake's point of view. He wants to start if off with, "I love Tone. Always have and always will. No matter what he does. I got no choice in the matter. But there's times I'd love to kill him, too. And right now is one of those times."

No comments: