Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back to writing

I added a nice long section to "Place of Safety" -- 10 pages, 2500 words -- that will probably expand once I have everything else together, but right now is bridging a gap nicely. It's forward momentum and that's what counts. I'm now at 511 pages and nearly 120,600 words. I could have added more but I was feeling the brain drain at this point and figured I'd just churn out crap so put an end to it.

It's another bit near the end, where I'll need a chapter to segue into it and another chapter to link it to the last part of the story, but those are more mechanical pieces, right now. Actions that need to happen. I think I'm about 75% done with the last section of the book, meaning the opening and the middle are going to have to be faced soon, and the opening is the hardest part while the middle has the least done, now.

I already know this first draft is not going to be anywhere near as deep or correct as it needs to be; I'm at the point where I just want to get it done so I know what'll be in what part of the story and so I can make sure to link the moments together properly. I'll probably go over it twice more before I'm ready to get feedback on the full project. We'll have to see how it goes.

Man...I can't do anymore writing, tonight. My fingers are typo-ing all over the place.

No comments: