Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Long plane trips can be useful

My flight from Baltimore (where I changed planes) to LA was nearly 5 hours long, so I pulled out my laptop and used up all its battery working on POS. I started at the beginning and cleaned up and added to a section where Brendan's describing his friends, Colm, Paidrig, Danny, Davy and Gerry along with another who's suddenly popped up, Eammon (same name as Brendan's older brother but spelled differently. I trimmed out some repetition and smoothed out Brendan's introduction of himself.

It's funny, but the opening line of the book is still what it's been from the beginning -- "Those who knew Eamonn Kinsella, and were being honest with themselves, had to admit if he had been born but ten miles to the west or north, his murder would have been seen as the fitting end to a hard and brutal man." I've shifted words a bit and added one or two, but it's still the same basic sentence. As is the ending sentence, which I will NOT share.

I miss LA traffic. It boils me up and I vent and feel better, all in the safety of my own vehicle.

And brain is wandering after being up for so many hours. More tomorrow. Tonight is tonight and I barely made it through dinner with Brad, Cathy and Sharon -- friends in LA -- before beginning my zone-y moments.

No comments: