Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

NYC's off till next week because I may have to go to the Baltimore area to pack and ship some books. We'll see how that goes. It slammed in all of a sudden and I spent much of the day pulling together prices and possibilities as to what the costs will be while handling the phones all by myself. Not that it was all that rough; it was just distracting.

Well, I wasn't in the frame of mind for POS so this evening I finished my article for RBM Journal and slipped my illustrations into a copy of it...but I don't think I'll send it off, tomorrow. I need to verify some things, and one of the illustrations comes across as too big and clumsy.

It's a long article, nearly 5000 words. I may suggest they break it up since the illustrations take up a fair bit of space. And while I currently have them grouped together in various spots, I think I'd prefer to wrap the text around them...I just don't know how to do that in my version of Word. Maybe I can do it at the shop's since that version is so much newer. I'll test it out, tomorrow.

I'm feeling nudges from Brendan. I think he wants to get this part of the writing over with. I've figured out how to make the link between the last bit and the middle bit work better; all that needs to come now is the central section...the one I'm halfway done with.

I don't think I've worked Brendan out completely in this part, yet. Some of his actions seem too easy. Of course, I moved one bit to later and will do more rearranging...hmm...it's almost like he's unable to control this part...as if it just comes out in any order and it's up to me to make sense of it....make it work. That's funny -- asking a schizo like me to make sense of something.

No comments: