Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chelsea Boiz

I worked till nearly 7 then had dinner at Ruth's Chris (finishing off my gift card with a perfect small filet and potatoes au gratin) and hopped a train down to 19th Street to make my visit to The G Lounge. It's a very toney place with dance music and a too-cool bar. Patrick was too busy to come over to talk (he's mentioned in the Mark Julian books) so I had an appletini (which was nice and light, to my surprise) and left a note tell them why I'd come in. I doubt the bartender who did serve me -- this tall, broad-shouldered, male-model type -- paid any attention to it. Doesn't matter. I enjoyed being there and seriously doubt I'm the kind of guy they'd talk to, anyway.

On POS, I had a moment pop up while I was working and now know what I'm writing next -- a dream Brendan has that seems more real than his life.

I just finished talking with Kyle C about the G Lounge and he made some points about "Mr. Lucky" that have me thinking...dammit.

Okay...brain is about to crash and burn. Nothing more tonight. Doesn't help my sinuses are being driven nuts be something in the NYC ACs. That or I'm getting a summer cold.

Double-dammit.

No comments: