Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thoughts begin, again

I made some notes on POS as I was driving back from NYC and they're scribbly as hell (I was traveling about 70 at the time for one of them) but I know what's up. It's a reaction to actions that I wrote about, recently, and yet another indication of what the ending will be. Should prove fun to actually write...once I get down to it.

I'm off to meet friends, tomorrow, and do some touristy stuff in NYC. I did none of that while I was there the last few days; I was usually too hot and tired and smelly to even think about putting myself around people. And on the last night, I didn't have enough clothes to wear to even think about going to a play. In fact, I washed out some things in the bathtub...and I do NOT like doing that. Took them forever to dry and I don't feel like they got all that clean. Next time, I find a friggin' laundromat, no matter how beat I am.

Of course, from now on I'm taking extra clothes, too.

I passed through some beautiful country on the drive home, most of it shrouded in storm clouds and mist, all green and hilly and so very elegant. I tried to find the Delaware Water Gap to take a picture...but the exit to it off the 80 just leads to the town and the Visitors' Center is nowhere near the river. Considering how PA is handling the Susquehanna River, I'm not surprised. It's like they're embarrassed at having natural wonders within their boundaries, so they make it hard as hell for you to appreciate them. I guess I could have asked directions, but that would have taken even more time and I wanted to off the road by nine. Didn't make it till ten, thanks to construction along the 90 in WAY too many spots.

I'm beat and have to be at the airport by 9 in the morning. No posting, tomorrow; I'm not taking my laptop. It's been through enough.

No comments: