Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

New book out!

Volume 3 of "Bobby Carapisi" is now available at both Barnes & Noble and Amazon.  I say buy it at B&N if you want it because it's discounted to $12.95 if you're a B&N member (which I am) and I get the same amount in royalties, no matter what.  Amazon doesn't discount until it's shown it will sell decently, which may never happen; this set hasn't done well in sales...but I don't really care.  I did right by Bobby and Eric, and now let Allen tell his own story his own way.  Plus this is the last volume of the story.  Now I can offer it as a box set, if the publisher will go along with that idea.

I've already decided the opening of LD needs a bit more tweaking; it's still too lumpy and dense, to me, and I'm not thrilled with how Daniel's coming across now.  Maybe I'll add more sex to it.  That seems to sell.  I did have a better idea for the ending, one that doesn't wander off but ends with just the right note.  So...no more postings of the story till it and I can figure each other out and be happy with what's being done.

Good thing I'm not in NYC, right now.  I'd be stuck.  It's funny -- I enjoy the snow and don't mind driving in it so much, though my car's really filthy and needs to have the salt washed off it, soon.  I don't even mind the occasionally bitter cold.  It's warm where I work and live and my car's heater does good.  One of the smartest things I ever did was buying my little Honda.  It's been a blessing.


No comments: