Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Snow...

And lots of it.  I've shoveled my car out from under it twice, today.  I'd take a photo of it but my camera vanished into some JetBlue employee's pocket and I can't afford to buy a new one, yet.  I've got to get ready for taxes.

I've been having fun with a forum thread on this site -- http://www.mobileread.com/ -- as regards censorship and Amazon's dropping my books.  After some back and forth with people who say Amazon's a private company and can do as it likes (which is true, to an extent) I finally realized the anti-me people think I self-published my books, and I didn't.  Amazon had an agreement with The Nazca Plains Corporation, which is different from me as an individual writer having an account and posting the books on my own.  To be honest, I don't know what that agreement or contract or whatever it's called actually says (Amazon only provides the self-published one), but the info people're using to try and slap me down is wrong.

My books were published in trade paperback for years.  They've been available in stores (I've seen them on bookshelves at Different Light in San Francisco and Los Angeles).  You can get them through Barnes & Noble; Amazon does not have an exclusive on them.  I have hard copies of the books.  So that changes the game.  I wonder if the people I'm in contact with at Amazon realize that?


Nothing more to say.  My sinuses are acting up thanks to the cold weather.  I'm off for tea.

No comments: